Augmented Reality & 4D Planning
There is a lot of great work already being done with regards to 3D design and 4D in the office prior to site set up, but the challenge is how do we take all that valuable information to site with us. What are the tangible business benefits of AR with 3D and 4D planning?
• Visual look-ahead – showing what physical progress is expected at any chosen time.
• Progress validation – construction tends to overcompensate with progress updates. compare the updated schedule down on site in the most visual way possible – no need for Gantt charts
• Risk mitigation – better coordination between construction and design, as design constructability can be proofed on site.
• Better interaction with the public, not just showing 2D pictures but providing fully interactive models of finished site they can walk around.
• Cost benefit ratio is: 25-1, for every £1 spent it can reduce risk by £25. Low cost, high impact.
Our very own Michael Clarke will be at the LogiKal stand at Project Controls Expo on Nov 16th talking about AR and giving live demonstrations of what the technology can do for your Project Controls.
For more information on the Expo please click here. Hope to see you there!